Celebrate Spring with a fun virtual race that supports the THANC Foundation—Hank (our mascot) can be your running buddy! Challenge yourself. Run or walk a distance at one time or break it into multiple sessions.
Here’s How It Works
1. Join the team.
Click the button below and simply pay the small $30 registration fee to get the ball moving. We will set up your fundraising page within 48 hours. Once it’s up, we’ll send you login details so you can make it your own.
2. Post your progress on social media.
Here’s a starter template…
At 8 AM on Saturday, I am running a 10K virtual race. Want to join me in supporting a good cause? I’m raising money for the THANC (Thyroid, Head and Neck Cancer) Foundation. Every little bit helps. Your donation will make a difference, whether you donate $5 or $500. [include link to donate to your team or campaign]
You can make a lasting impact on cancer research—and ultimately improve patient care. Each day 328 people are diagnosed with head & neck cancer and 144 people are diagnosed with thyroid cancer. As a result, the number of lives that we touch daily continues to grow while we strive to meet our threefold mission to advance research, educate physicians and provide information for patients and family members. However, our work is far from over and we need your generosity to better serve our dynamic community. Thank you for your support.
@thancfoundation #RunningWithHank4THANC #RunWithHank4THANC #HanksTHANCrun
Make sure to mention THANC (@thancfoundation) in your post and we’ll send you our mascot, Hank as a special thank you.
3. Have fun with it.
- Make your own bib. Get creative!
- Create your own finishers’ swag for the end.
- Make your own medal. (Remember that episode from “The Office”? The yogurt tops? 👍🏅)
- Make a paper (or toilet-paper) finish line.
4. Customize your fundraising page.
- You’ll receive an email with login information and a link to your fundraising page that you can customize.
- Choose a Fundraising Goal. Write a brief description (why you’re running… who inspires you… the distance you plan to run… etc). BTW, the last day of the race is May 9th—Mothers’ Day – consider running or walking with Mom!
- Upload an optional background image (landscape orientation works best).
- Check Strava routes.
- Do a loop or an out-and-back route.
- Use a treadmill.
- Even run laps around your own property!
Get a THANC Shirt
When you sign up, we’ll send you our logo shirt. Sizes are limited.
Get our Mascot, Hank
When you raise $150 –or– post a shoutout on social media and mention @thancfoundation.
Small Registration Fee
It’s only $30 to join the team. We’ll set up your fundraising page, then give you the keys.
We encourage all our teammates to raise a minimum of $100.